This page was my /first/ cooking page, when I got on the internet over 15 years ago. I keep it because many people have linked to it :-) It contains some of my earliest and most popular recipes. If you want to see what I've cooked since, please check out my Best Recipes page.
- Doro Alicha
- A mild Ethiopian chicken dish
- Doro Wat
- A spicy Ethiopian chicken dish
- Doro Wat
- Another, simpler, version of the same Ethiopian dish, this one with tomato paste and fewer spices.
- Chicken Tagine with honey and apricots
- A traditional Moroccan dish
- Basque Chicken
- A delicious West African lemon-vinegar chicken dish
- Coq au Vin
- An incredibly delicious variation of this traditional French recipe
- Chicken Satay
- A delicious Thai dish of marinated chicken skewers served with peanut sauce.
- Basque Oxtail stew
- Ropa Vieja
- A delicious and cheap Cuban shreaded meat dish, with onions and wine
- Vaca Frita
- Flank steak, marinated on broth, spices and sherry and then lightly fried.
- Tibs Wet
- A very spicy (and fatty!) meat dish from Ethiopia
- Meat Empanadas
- Delicious meat pies from Argentina
- Breaded steaks
- A delicious microwave recipe.
- A rolled-meat dish considered one of the highlights of Argentine cuisine
Rice and Grains
- Gnochis de Semola
- Oven baked gnochis made from wheatmeal, my mother's recipe from Argentina
- Lemon and Garlic Rice
- A very simple recipe for injera, the pancake-spongy bread that accompanies Ethiopian food.
- Yet'ef Injera
- An incredibly complicated recipe for injera made from tef flour. Injera are the large, spongy, pancake-like "breads", used to eat Ethiopian food
- Yekik Alich'a
- An Ethiopian split pea dish, with a mild sauce.
- Chocolate-Dulce de Leche Frosting
- Alfajores de Maizena
- Little Argentinian corn-starch cookies, ideal for filling with dulce de leche
- Banana desert
- Dulce de Leche
- Milk Jam
- Spiced butter
- A recipe for clarified, herbed butter, a basic ingredient in Ethiopian cuisine
- BerbereA red-pepper based spice mixture, used in Ethiopian dishes